Thursday 15 April 2010

MAN UP

Before I even start I must state if you are easily offended, very PC or an ardent feminist then please read no further.

This week my plea is to the men of the nation. Can you please man up? Yes you heard me, man up. I am fed up with meeting men who want to talk about how they feel, how they’ve been hurt in the past, if I say the slightest thing wrong they get upset. We’ve all got issues but I talk about them with my mates not with somebody I am on a second date with.

Seriously when did this epidemic for men going a bit soft start? I know I am not alone in feeling like this I have many girlfriends who have told me tales of men crying because they won’t be getting a third date. What’s that all about? 1.why are you crying about it? 2. If you are going to cry about it why are you letting somebody you fancy know about it?

Another friend was subjected to months of pleading crying phone calls after a break up. I can assure you gentlemen that this sort of behaviour is not attractive.

At present I have been told that I have had the silent treatment because somebody was upset that he wasn’t getting his own way, and no he’s not five years old he’s a grown man.

I am well aware that women do sometimes show signs of this behaviour (admit it ladies we’ve all been guilty of some undignified behaviour in pursuit of love) and maybe that is why I find it so unattractive in a man.

Now I am not saying that men shouldn’t show their emotions (it’s perfectly acceptable to cry when you’re hurt, somebody dies, etc. I’ll even let the odd tear over football slide) and I don’t want to go back to the days of a ‘woman’s place being in the home’, but, for me personally there is nothing more unattractive than a man sulking because he’s not getting his own way, crying during an argument or not taking rejection very well. I’m trying to sleep with you not counsel you for goodness sake!

So to end I will quote the Snickers ad “Get some nuts”

By the way of you were offended by this don’t say you weren’t warned.

2 comments:

  1. Oh dear! You don't seem to be having much luck with the men folk! Perhaps you should try an ad in the personals? I've thought of one for you want to hear it?......Ok good. :-)

    Sunflowergirl with GSOH seeks emotionally stunted Neanderthal to bash her on the head with club and drag into cave. Must not talk too much or not talk enough - silent treatment will not be tolerated, neither will sulking, expressing feelings or not getting the hint when I tell you to do one.

    There you go, love life - check.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha Thank you for the advice Miss Hunter Dunn. They can talk loads that's not a problem, I just don't want to hear on second dates about the ins and outs about why they are emotionally stunted. It is not just me that has this problem other scenarios mentioned are real and from the comments you can see the women are in agreement. I may try the ad but without the cave. I just like men to be men, if I want crying about how badly they've been treated I have lots of femal friends who can do that.

    ReplyDelete